My name is Hanadi Alhaj.  I’m working as a preschool teacher for seven years at Head start.
I was raised in a loving environment, and so showing compassion towards young learners comes easy to me. I will not be blind to the obvious pain of the requirement of extreme patience and toleration of mixed cultures and minds. However, my primary purpose of teaching is not to get paid. I teach to improve the lives of the children and to encourage their love of learning. I hate to see children so full of hatred for a tough learning system; so I try to make education fun with hands-on methods. I understand the difficulty some students may under-go in learning, and so I make sure to teach using many different methods so that the class can work together as a whole. I deem it unnecessary to have only some students learn while others get left behind.
At the end of the day, it is really important to keep children within their borders. However, what is most important is for myself to not get lost within the sharing of information. Teaching in the classroom is different than that of which I was taught myself. Being in the classroom, I have to deal with situations, different level/minded learners, and personal (life) problems all at the same time. That is the most important thing I have learned and taken with me from the teaching, the notion that the student comes first. And yet it is important for me to be both mentally and physically prepared to teach as I dare not to deprive children of their learning rights.

Comments

  1. Hanadi,

    Thank you for sharing so candidly about why you are in this field. Over the course I have seen how much you are dedicated to the early childhood field and your students. Furthermore, I have seen your commitment to ensuring the children remain at the center of your focus and the primary reason you have pursued this degree. I have enjoyed learning from your personal experiences and insights. The quotes and information you shared has tremendously added to my personal growth and development.

    I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and I look forward to following your blog throughout our time here at Walden!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources