Personal childhood Web



This picture takes a place in Yemen. It was my daughter’s birth day. My parents, my older brother, his wife and two boys and my two sisters with their daughters. Also, my son, daughter, and I.

                I grew up in a loving and caring environment in a family of six members, two parents and three siblings. My mother was the dynamo of the family, even though she works as a TV host and has different schedule and long hours. She taught me from early age to be independent and has self-assurance. She plays the role model in my live by teaching throughout experience and without letting me know this is an educative moment. Always she was following up with me through the phone to be sure that I eat, took a shower and did my homework. My mother used to say females have the most responsibility at home. She shaped my personality by giving me jobs such as cleaning my room, watering the flowers, and following up with my younger sisters. Also, I learned how to manage my time to do my duties: finishing homework to have free time. She nurtured me by finding time even though she is busy, to be involved in my school activities. Today I’m speaking, and repeating the same words that my mother used to say it to me, to say it to my kids “just try to do it and see if its work or not, no fears.” I am impacted from my mother’s life style, to manage my time and believe in myself that always I can make it.

My mother and I after a special dinner when she was in her way back to Yemen


                My father was the second power that impacted my live. He always said to me “I love you and I am here for you.” My dad was my first Arabic language and math teacher. He taught me a lot of knowledge, even before I start schooled. When I started my preschool I already knew my letters and numbers. My father used to talk to me as I grew up by saying “I need your help, if you don’t help me I will not finish the work, you are smart.” Always he makes me feel special and unique. I learned from my dad that always I have to keep the promise, and to act towards others in the manner in which I would like to be treat.
                Hany is my older brother, 2 years and half apart between us. He nurtured me with a lot of care and fed my need. I learned from him how to be patient while he was taught me how to ride the bicycle. Also, he used to say “be calm when you are facing difficulties.” I’m teaching his words to my two children.
                I used to go to my aunt’s home a lot to spend time with her children while my mother was at work. For every small thing I used to do, always she had to say positive comments to support my effort and work. She has a special place in my heart because she believes that I will learn from my experiences. She never judged me for whatever mistakes I did. To be positive is the one of the biggest aspects in my personality shaped by my aunt.  
                My third grade teacher Ms. Fouzia was caring about my grade and academic achievement. By the end of the school day, always I had to go to check with her how was my day and what I achieved during the learning period such as how many new words I learned. She would check what assignments I have to do, what was the score of the test, and so on. Always she remembered my birth day with a learning tools gift. On the other hand, she used to say “one day Hanadi will be the principle of the school.” And I used to say to her “I want to be like you, a special teacher.”    

 

Comments

  1. Hanadi, it is so great to see the interactions between you and your family. I learned some of the same lessons of independence and taking care of myself as an only child. It's interesting to see that it doesn't matter how large the family, the same self-help and interpersonal skills are taught. It touches my heart to see that you've had a very loving and supportive family web!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanadi,

    What a great childhood web you have. It was so nice to see how your family has supported you in so many ways. I have to agree with you that moms are amazing. I grew up with my mom being single and she was always busy with her job, the house, raising us and I don’t know but she always found time to take us to places. Yes, women play a vital role in life and they have many more duties than us men. My truly respect for women because they are the ones that keep the family together. Thank you for sharing your story and those pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hanadi,

    What a beautiful family! When reading the section about your father I could really see how he has impacted your love of learning and set the foundations for you even before you entered school. He also set forth the way you interact with other people as well. What a great positive relationship.

    With Ms. Fouzia, its great to have that one influential teacher that made us want to enter the profession in the first place. Have you ever used some of the care and dedication she showed you as examples when you interact with your students?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources