Competent communication

My mother and I  

Having a good relationship with my family members especially with my mother shaped my personality and built a strong foundation of communication. My mother plays the role model in my life by teaching throughout her own experiences as an announcer and a newscaster using communication skills.

    Patient while listening. She is being so patient when I have an issue to talk about even if I go in details she never stops me until I finished. She wants to be sure that she has a full understanding of the statement and the idea that I took about.
    Asking questions straight to the topic or the issue. Discussion the topic by looking out where is the problem and what is the consequences to find a solution.
    Reviewing the statement that I talk about for a long period of time to a few main points and asking me if this what I’m trying to say.
    Finding with me where the problem was and what I need to come with some ideas and thoughts to solve the problem.
    Giving solutions based on her experiences and true information by data.
    Follow up with me to know what is the final decision been talking by me and how its work.
  
These communication skills shape and build my ability to communicate while having a conversation with others. Being patient and have that passion to listen to others is show care and understanding of individual need. The ability to have good communication with others to reach goals and emphasize ideas need to be aware of many techniques of communication skills.    

Comments

  1. Your mother being a newscaster and announcer must make her a great communicator! She will be a great resource for you in this course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hanadi:

    I think it is amazing that you are able to observe your mom in action as a newscaster and announcer. I truly enjoyed reading how your mother listens patiently, ask the right questions, and rephrases if necessary for clarification. Communication is important for managing relationships over time (O’hair, 2014) and your relationship with your mom illustrates how healthy communication can build strong relationships. Her willingness to share from her own experiences is admirable. This is something that many are not willing to do in a work environment. Thank you for sharing.

    Reference

    O'Hair, D. (2014). Real Communication: An Introduction, 3rd Edition [VitalSource Bookshelf version]. Retrieved from vbk://9781319111502

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources