Who Am I as a Communicator?
For my first test which is communication anxiety inventory my score and the others as well came with the same result which is “I feel a bit uneasy in some communication situation and somewhat more confident in other contexts. Communication does not seem to be something that you worry a great deal about.”  
For my second test which is verbal aggressiveness scale I scored differently from the others. My result is  “ is with little provocation, you might cross the line from “argumentativeness,” which attacks a person’s position or statements, and verbal aggression, which involves personal attacks and can be hurtful to the listener.” The other result is “I maintain a good balance between respect and consideration for others’ viewpoints, and the ability to argue fairly by attacking the facts of a position rather than the person holding that position.”
For my third test, which is listening to styles profile, I received different scores which is “Action-oriented you might be described as “business-like,” and you perfect clear, to-the-point communication that outlines a plan of action. Your efficiency is respected but may intimidate more sensitive listeners.” The others result about me is “People-oriented you are empathetic and concerned with the emotions of others. This listening style helps you to build relationships, but it can interfere with proper judgment because you tend to be very trusting of others.”  
I think for my second test verbal aggressiveness is in my personality but is different from what I scored, but the other persons’ the score shows my real personality characteristics. This will encourage me to continue what I am doing and improve my ability to attack the facts of a position rather than the person during the communication process. I really prefer to listen to others to reach more by the end of the communication rather than interrupt others which will end up to be a lack of communication.
For my third test regarding listening styles’ profile, both results are showing my characters during the communication by avoiding some details such as interference with proper judgment and not be very trusting of others. I can build on all results to improve areas that I need too.



Comments

  1. Interesting results. Were you surprised that you actually scored yourself harsher on verbal aggressiveness than others did when scoring you? Why do you think that is? Is there a personal schema effecting how you viewed that aspect of your communication style?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources